Nick Janssen (“Company”, “us” or “we”) (provider of the Laska software-as-a-service), provides www.laska.io and the other websites under the laska.io domain (collectively, the “Sites”), and our SaaS product, web design software, software design software, tools, and related services (together with the Sites, the “Service”) subject to your compliance with all the terms, conditions, and notices contained or referenced herein (the “Terms of Service” or the “Agreement”).
If you have questions regarding this Agreement or about Laska, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Binding Agreement
The consent of a legal guardian is required for minors (anyone under 18 years old) to use our Sites and the Service. We may change these Terms from time to time and will notify you of any material amendments at least one month in advance, to your registered email address or through our website www.laska.io or our Twitter account located at https://twitter.com/laska_io
If you do not accept these amendments then you may cease use of our Sites and the Service. Otherwise your continued use is deemed acceptance of the amendments.
We may at out discretion discontinue any of our Sites or the Service, in which case we will also provide you with at least one months’ advance notice via the notification methods listed above.
2. Account information
2.1 Registering for an account.
2.2 Your responsibility for your account.
You are responsible for taking all steps to ensure that no unauthorized person shall have access to your account or password. When creating your account, you must provide accurate and complete information. We encourage you to use “strong” passwords (passwords that use a combination of upper- and lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols) with your account. It is your sole responsibility to: (i) control the dissemination and use of your account and password, and (ii) promptly inform us of any need to deactivate an account or password. We are not liable for any harm related to the theft of passwords, or your disclosure of passwords. You shall immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your account or password or any breach of confidentiality. You are solely responsible for any damage resulting from the use of your account and username. You may not use your account or password to breach security of another account.
2.3 How to control your account.
3. What we own
Except for User Content (defined below), all materials on the Service including the mini-applications that integrate other applications and services (“Recipes”) and the Service itself and all Intellectual Property Rights contained therein or related thereto, including text, graphics, user and visual interfaces, photographs, trademarks, logos, sounds, music, artwork, applications, computer code and associated documentation (collectively, the “Content”), including but not limited to the design, structure, arrangement, and “look and feel” of such Content, is owned by or licensed to us and our licensors and is protected by copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property rights and laws.
Other than as provided herein, Company does not grant to user any license, express or implied, to the intellectual property of Company or its licensors. Except as expressly provided in the Terms of Service, no part of the Service and no Content may be copied, reproduced, sold, republished, transmitted, displayed, reposted, or otherwise distributed for public or commercial purposes.
Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Company provides you with a non-exclusive, revocable license to use the Service, including the Recipes, as expressly permitted by the features and functionality of the Service and the Terms of Service. Company may terminate this license at any time for any reason or no reason.
4. User Content
We may now or in the future allow you to post or publish content on or upload content to the Service, including but not limited to website templates created and contributed by you, blog or forum posts, images, and photos. Any content a user submits, posts, displays, or otherwise makes available on the Service, including all Intellectual Property Rights (defined below) therein, is referred to as “User Content.”
You retain ownership of your User Content. We have no obligation to store, maintain, or provide you a copy of your User Content. You alone are responsible for any of your User Content that may be lost or unrecoverable through your use of the Service. You are encouraged to archive your User Content regularly and frequently.
Additionally, you may choose to or we may invite you to submit comments, ideas, or feedback about the Service, including without limitation about how to improve the Service or our products (“Feedback”). By submitting any Feedback, you agree that your disclosure is gratuitous, unsolicited, and without restriction and will not place Company under any fiduciary or other obligation, and that we are free to use the Feedback without any additional compensation to you, and/or to disclose the Feedback on a non-confidential basis or otherwise to anyone. You further acknowledge that, by acceptance of your submission, Company does not waive any rights to use similar or related Feedback previously known to Company, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you. Additionally, you acknowledge that all email and other correspondence that you submit to us shall become our sole and exclusive property.
For the purposes of this Agreement, “Intellectual Property Rights” means all patent rights, copyright rights, moral rights, rights of publicity, trademark, trade dress and service mark rights, goodwill, trade secret rights and other intellectual property rights as may now exist or hereafter come into existence, and all applications therefore and registrations, renewals and extensions thereof, under the laws of any state, country, territory, or other jurisdiction.
You own all of the User Content you post or publish (“post”) on the Service. You grant us a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, transferable, sub-licensable, worldwide license to use, modify, reproduce, display, and distribute your User Content on the Service for the purposes of operating and providing the Service to you and other users (“User Content License”). You understand and agree that the Service is a public platform and other users may search for, see, use, and/or re-post any User Content that you make publicly available through the Service.
You agree that any User Content that you post does not and will not violate any law or infringe any rights of any third party, including without limitation any Intellectual Property Rights, publicity rights or rights of privacy. We reserve the right, but are not obligated, to reject and/or remove any User Content that we believe, in our sole discretion, violates the Agreement.
You agree not to post User Content that:
- may create a risk of harm, loss, damage, physical or mental injury, emotional distress, death, disability, disfigurement, or physical or mental illness to you, to any other person, to any animal or to any property
- seeks to harm or exploit children by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable details or otherwise
- may constitute or contribute to a crime or tort
- contains any information or content that we deem to be unlawful, harmful, abusive, racially or ethnically offensive, defamatory, infringing, harassing, humiliating to other people (publicly or otherwise), libelous, threatening, profane, or otherwise objectionable
- contain software or other material that violates or invades the intellectual property rights (or rights of privacy or publicity) of any third party
- includes any information or content to which you have not obtained any necessary rights or permissions to use accordingly or to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships
- contains any information or content that is illegal (including, without limitation, the disclosure of insider information under securities law or of another party’s trade secrets)
- contains any information or content that you know is not correct and current, or is adult in nature, such as any nudity in a sexual context, exposed genitalia, or any content with adult themes.
Use of the Service
1. Your use of the Service is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.
2. You may not:
- use any “deep-link”, “page-scrape”, “robot”, “spider” or other automatic device, program, algorithm or methodology, or any manual process to access, acquire, copy, or monitor any portion of the Service or any Content or obtain or attempt to obtain any materials, documents or information through any means not purposely made available through the Service
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to any portion of the Service or any Content, or any systems or networks connected to the Service, by hacking, password “mining”, or any other illegitimate means
- probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of the Service or any Content, or any system or network connected to the Service
- reverse look-up or trace any information of any other user or visitor or otherwise use the Service for the purpose of obtaining information of any other user or visitor
- transmit spam, chain letters, or other unsolicited email
- take any action that imposes, or may impose at our sole discretion an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure
- upload invalid data, viruses, worms, or other software agents through the Service
- impersonate another person or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity, conduct fraud, hide, or attempt to hide your identity
- collect or harvest any personally identifiable information, including account names, from the Service
- use any device, software, or process to interfere with, or attempt to interfere with, the proper working of the Service or any Content, or any systems or networks connected to the Service, or with any other person’s use of the Service
- use the Service or any Content for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by the Terms of Service, or store or collect any personally identifiable information via the Service, including but not limited to Social Security numbers and credit card information.
3. Any unauthorized use of the Service or any Content may violate copyright, trademark, and other applicable laws and could result in criminal or civil penalties.
Use of software
Any software that is accessed via the Service shall be governed by the terms of the license agreement that accompanies the software or is posted with the software on the Sites where the software can be accessed; however, if no such license agreement is made available, we grant you a limited, revocable, worldwide, royalty-free, non-assignable, non-exclusive license to use the software for your personal, noncommercial use in accordance with the Terms of Service. In the event of any inconsistency between the Terms of Service and any license agreement, the license agreement shall govern in relation to the software.
You may not decompile, reverse engineer, or otherwise attempt to discover the source code of the software. You do not have the right to sublicense the Service, download or modify any portion of the Service, or resell the Service. If you violate the Terms of Service, we reserve the right to terminate your license to the Service without notice.
The software may automatically update from time to time. These updates are designed to improve, enhance, and further develop the software and may take the form of bug fixes, enhanced functions, new software modules, and completely new versions. You agree to receive such updates (and permit us to deliver these to you with or without your knowledge) as part of your use of the software.
6. Third-party content
a. User Content
We are not responsible for and do not necessarily hold the opinions expressed by our users, content contributors, and third parties; such opinions and other statements are theirs alone, not opinions of Company. Content created by users or third parties is the sole responsibility of such users or third parties and its accuracy and completeness are not endorsed or guaranteed. You acknowledge that by providing you with the ability to view and post content through our Service, Company is not undertaking any obligation or liability relating to the content. Company and its affiliates, successors, assigns, employees, agents, directors, officers, and stockholders (i) do not undertake or assume any duty to monitor our site for inappropriate or unlawful content and (ii) assume no responsibility or liability which may arise from the content thereof, including, but not limited to, claims for defamation, libel, slander, infringement, invasion of privacy and publicity rights, obscenity, pornography, profanity, fraud, or misrepresentation. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Company reserves the right to block or remove communications, postings, or materials at any time in our sole discretion.
Company takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any User Content that you or any other user or third party posts or sends over the Service. Company assumes no liability for your interactions with other users, or for any user’s action or inaction. You are solely responsible for your User Content and the consequences of posting or publishing it, and you agree that we are only acting as a passive conduit for your online distribution and publication of your User Content. You understand and agree that you may be exposed to User Content that is inaccurate, objectionable, inappropriate for children, or otherwise unsuited to your purpose, and you agree that Company shall not be liable for any damages you allege to incur as a result of User Content. Company reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other users.
We may provide links to third-party websites. We do not recommend or endorse the content of any third-party website. We are not responsible for the content of linked third-party websites and we do not make any representations or warranties regarding their content or accuracy. Your use of third-party websites is at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such website. You expressly release us from any and all liability arising from your use of any third-party website.
7. Billing and payment
Users of the Service may be required to provide their credit card details to Company or the payment service provider retained by Company (the “PSP”). Users will be responsible for paying agreed-upon fees for the Service. Users of the Service will be liable for any taxes required to be paid on the Service provided under the Agreement (other than taxes on the Company’s income).
All paid plans must enter a valid payment account. Free accounts are not required to provide payment account information. An upgrade from the free plan to any paying plan will immediately bill you.
For monthly payment plans, the Service is billed in advance on a monthly basis and is non-refundable. There will be no refunds or credits for partial months of service, upgrade/downgrade refunds, or refunds for months unused with an open account.
All fees are exclusive of all taxes, levies, or duties imposed by taxing authorities, and you shall be responsible for payment of all such taxes, levies, or duties.
THE SERVICE AND ALL CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, CURRENTNESS, FREEDOM FROM INTERRUPTION, VIRUSES OR OTHER DEFECT, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
YOUR SOLE REMEDY AGAINST US FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SERVICE OR ANY CONTENT IS TO STOP USING THE SERVICE OR ANY SUCH CONTENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE OR OUR SUBSIDIARIES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, LICENSORS, OR CONTENT PROVIDERS (OUR “AFFILIATES”) BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, RESULTING FROM THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE OR THE CONTENT, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT WE OR OUR AFFILIATES ARE ADVISED ON THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, COMPANY ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT; (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SERVICE; (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN; (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM THE SERVICE; (V) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE THAT MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR SERVICE BY ANY THIRD PARTY; (VI) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE; AND/OR (VII) USER CONTENT OR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY. IN NO EVENT SHALL COMPANY, ITS AFFILIATES, AGENTS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, SUPPLIERS, OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY CLAIMS, PROCEEDINGS, LIABILITIES, OBLIGATIONS, DAMAGES, LOSSES, OR COSTS IN AN AMOUNT EXCEEDING ONE DOLLAR.
THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SECTION APPLIES WHETHER THE ALLEGED LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR ANY OTHER BASIS, EVEN IF COMPANY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION.
10. Difference between Languages
In the event of conflict between the Japanese version and a version translated into other languages of this document, the Japanese version shall be the governing and prevailing version.
11. Governing Law and Agreed Jurisdiction
1. The Term of Service shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Japan.
2. Any dispute which may arise between the company and the user with respect to the use of the service by the user shall be submitted to the Tokyo District Court having the exclusive jurisdiction for the first instance.